October 20, 2005

The Beardie Lifestyle

Q: What do bearded dragons eat anyways? Crickets? And what else? -Boni
What do you eat? Where do you live? - Fiona Bun

A: Oh you sweet dears, to be so concerned that I am getting enough food. In fact, Ms. Boni, I do eat crickets. I also eat superworms, the larvae of a beetle known as Zoophobas mario. All of my protein sources must be living, as I will not eat them served dried or frozen. They look like this:


In addition, I eat leafy green vegetables such as collard and turnip greens, an occassional sample of mango, a dash of green pepper, and squashes of the acorn and butternut variety.

Miss Fiona Bun, I still have not answered your question. Bearded dragons are naturally desert dwelling reptiles. I, however, and for reasons I do not understand, live in a 55-gallon glass terrarium. I do have a sandy substrate and UV lighting, with a nice, flat rock for my basking pleasure. I suppose this is adequate, although I certainly would be pleased to have some intellectually stimulating literary material available while I bask.

Sincerely,
Chloe

7 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger Boni said...

What kind of intellectually stimulating reading material do you like Chloe? I think the place to bask sounds good. It sounds like napping in the sun and I like to do that.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Gigolo Kitty said...

Me Ask, How Can I Make Me Fur More Soft And Luminous?

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Puggyspice said...

Why is it that my Michelina's mandarin chicken tastes like fish?

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Puggyspice said...

Okay, here's a good one for you. Who the f*ck is this anon blogger who proposed to me?

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Boni said...

Chloe? Are you ok? I get concerned about friends and gotta check on them sometimes :)

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Mia and Ghost said...

Hi, Chloe...

It sounds like you have a very varied diet. You talked about your wild cousins in earlier post - have you ever been out in the wild?

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger moseskitty said...

Hello Chloe.

My question is ; My humans are nuts. Why is this?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home